BROOKLYN ESTATE PLANNING ATTORNEY
Good and bad occurrences happen in life. It is your duty to manage each situation positivity, and one way to do that is to make estate plans. Estate plans can only be executed through legal estate planning documents. Estate planning involves preparing your last will and testament, obtaining the necessary document for medical or financial power for attorney and documenting your living trust. This process can however be less complicated when you plan alongside a Brooklyn estate planning attorney.
An estate planning lawyer handles one or more of the following for you.
- Living trust: Preparing a Living Trust to avoid the probate process along with its hassles. There are two types of living trust, revocable living trust and irrevocable living.
- Advising you on the best type of Trust to establish, such as an Irrevocable living Trust and revocable living trust.
- Preparing a valid Will according to the state laws.
- Help prevent guardianship for minors and those incapacitated. Through a will and testament you can assign a preferred guardian for your child.
- Advance medical directive also known as a medical power of attorney, you get to designate a health agent to make medical decisions when you are unable to do so.
- Preparing a valid legal power of attorney. You can protect your finances and assets through the financial power of attorney. This documents allows you delegate to the person your choice the ability to manage your assets and make important decisions should you become mentally incapable.
- Ensuring that your property is protected from the ravaging clutches of your beneficiaries’ creditors.
- Distributing your estate to your beneficiaries in the manner you so wish.
- Drawing out the best and most suitable retirement plan.
- Establish a healthcare plan that suits your needs as well as help you file an advance medical directive. Through this, you can designate a health care agent or a trustee to make medical decisions for you when you become mentally incapable.
Contact a Brooklyn estate planning attorney today
No mater you’re financial or health conditions, you are never too early when planning your estate, in-fact, it is expected that you start planning your estate, finances as well as the future of your loved ones if you are any of these categories listed.
- You own and manage one or more businesses,
- You have minor children or you don’t have any children
- You have a disabled family member, or you have one or more health issues,
- You are married, divorced or in a second marriage etc.
MAJOR ADVANTAGES OF ESTATE PLANNING
Plan your estate today and avoid heavy taxes, probate, and illegal claims on assets.
- Estate plans will ensure your properties goes straight to the right beneficiaries. When your estate plans are properly written with necessary documents, there won’t be need for court settlement or family discord.
- Estate plans helps you to plan for any kind of unpredicted incapacity. Good and bad occurrences happen in life. It is your duty to manage each situation positivity, and one way to do that is to make estate plans. If you should ever become mentally or physically incapacitated, an estate plans, would outline your wishes and interest about who manages your assets, who makes financial or medical decision on your behalf.
- Estate plans helps to avoid excessive taxes on your estate. By preparing an estate plans, taxes imposed on you estate would be reduced. This can be achieved majorly through the irrevocable living trust of estate planning document.
- Planning your estate prevents probate. With the living trust which is a type of estate planning document, you can ensure that your estate plan wishes gets implemented without going through the long rigorous process of probate in court.
Contact a Brooklyn estate planning attorney today.